AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 9th
August, 01:00 (UK)
Where? Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain
Weather? A risk of rain earlier in the day but should be dry by the start, and temperatures of 28-30c expected
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: Trinbago Knight Riders W7, St Lucia Stars W2, No result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Simon Katich
Captain: Dwayne Bravo
- The defending champions Trinbago Knight Riders come into this new CPL season with lofty expectations once again and they have managed to assemble another star-studded squad led by skipper Dwayne Bravo.
- Chris Lynn, Brendon McCullum and Colin Munro are the big names that will form a fearsome batting line-up with the latter two being key in their success last year, while Sunil Narine, Bravo, Denesh Ramdin and Shannon Gabriel provide some quality options throughout the team also.
- They did have Shadab Khan in their ranks last season but he is not part of the squad this term so Fawad Ahmed comes in for him and this does represent something of a weakening to their bowling department.
ST LUCIA STARS
Coach: Stuart Williams
Captain: Kieron Pollard
- St Lucia Stars come into this 2018 CPL tournament desperate to improve on last season’s miserable campaign in which they failed to win a single game so they will be fired up to do better this time around.
- This match is a repeat of the opening game last year in which the Knight Riders thoroughly beat them by nine wickets but there are various new faces this season that should improve their side.
- Australian David Warner joins the team after a relatively successful spell in the Canadian Global T20 tournament while Kieron Pollard has signed from Barbados to skipper the side as they look to possess more strength, depth and experience compared to last season.
Based on last season and head-to-head records, everything suggests this will be a comfortable romp for Trinbago Knight Riders. They have the firepower in the top order to blow any team away and some good bowling options to support them and win games by themselves. St Lucia look to have a stronger squad for this campaign and they should do better than last season’s dismal effort where they failed to win any of their matches. This is a tough assignment however against the strongest team on paper and the defending champions. The Knight Riders should get off to a winning start here.