AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 15th
September, 01:00 (UK)
Where? Brian Lara Cricket Academy
Weather? 27-28c and sunshine forecast
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: Trinbago Knight Riders W7, St Kitts & Nevis Patriots W3
THE TEAM NEWS
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Simon Katich
Captain: Dwayne Bravo
- The Knight Riders find themselves in this match despite finishing top of the group after their disappointing defeat at the hands of the Guyana Amazon Warriors on Tuesday night in a low scoring affair.
- This match will be played at a different venue as it will be played at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy in Tarouba, and the expectation is that it will be a high scoring match and a strip that will favour batsmen more.
- Form is not great for the Knight Riders having lost their last two matches and that is largely due to their batsmen not firing despite having the likes of Munro, Ingram, McCullum and Narine in their ranks, and they will have to produce the goods here.
ST KITTS & NEVIS PATRIOTS
Coach: Donovan Miller
Captain: Chris Gayle
- The Patriots reached this stage by overcoming the Jamaica Tallawahs in an Eliminator shootout on Wednesday as they impressively chased down 191/5 with a ball to spare thanks to several contributions with by their batsmen.
- They will aim to bowl better than they did on Wednesday as they come up against arguably the best batting line-up in the tournament so the likes of Shamsi will have to find some of their best form here.
- The biggest positive from the win over the Tallawahs was the fact that five of their top six batsmen scored 20 runs or more and Devcich hit a 23-ball 50 as they produced one of their best all-round batting displays of the tournament so far.
Looking at these two teams on paper and the performances in the group stage, the Knight Riders have to be favoured in this qualifier. That said, their form in the last couple of matches has not been great and they will have to raise their performance levels a notch – back to where they were earlier in the tournament. Their batting has lost their way a little and that is not entirely down to low scoring pitches. The Patriots have the momentum coming into this game which makes it a tough call to pick between these two pre-match.