AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 6th
September, 01:00 (UK)
Where? Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain
Weather? 28-30c with cloud forecast but no rain
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: Trinbago Knight Riders W8, Guyana Amazon Warriors W5
THE TEAM NEWS
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Simon Katich
Captain: Dwayne Bravo
- Four wins in a row for the Trinbago Knight Riders who are enjoying a fine run of form and have comfortably reached the final four after playing just seven matches thanks to their five wins so far.
- They have so much firepower with the bat that even if two or three of their line-up struggle or fail, they seemingly always have one or two capable of hitting a big score, and that is clearly reflected in some of the massive totals they have posted.
- The Knight Riders have moved quickly to seal the signing of big hitting batsman Colin Ingram who is available for the knockout phase after a spell in the T20 Blast in England and he will replace the departing Chris Lynn who returns to Australia.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
Coach: Johan Botha
Captain: Rayad Emrit
- The Amazon Warriors have the same record as the Knight Riders and have already qualified for the knockout stage, but will want to set a marker down against a team that they could well face in the final four.
- They have won their last two matches chasing down 168/7 and 165/7 but they may face a tougher target here against the firepower of this Knight Riders side, so that may tempt them to try and bat first and set a good total themselves.
- Luke Ronchi enjoyed an excellent knock last time hitting an unbeaten 67 from 40 balls as they hit 168/2 from just 16.4 overs and that will give them confidence that they can comfortably hit 200 or more here.
This match has all the hallmarks of a shootout with two of the best batting line-ups in the competition. That could well mean the difference will come in the bowling units and the Amazon Warriors come into this match with the marginal edge as Imran Tahir and Chris Green especially are bowling well. That said, either batting unit could take the opposition apart if somebody clicks and with nothing on the line other than to make a statement ahead of the play-offs, this is one to sit back and enjoy the big hitting.