AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 21st
August, 23:00 (UK)
Where? Darren Sammy Cricket Ground, Gros Islet
Weather? 27-28c with a 30% chance of showers
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: St Lucia Stars W2, St Kitts & Nevis Patriots W3, No result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
ST LUCIA STARS
Coach: Brad Hodge
Captain: Kieron Pollard
- The Stars finally snapped their long winless run by producing an outstanding performance to beat the Barbados Tridents by 38 runs on Friday thanks to Kieron Pollard’s 54-ball 104 which was his maiden T20 century.
- It looked like it would be another difficult match with Warner out for a duck and five of their eight batsmen did not score a run but Pollard (104), Fletcher (80) and Cornwall (30) helped them to a total of 226/6 from their 20 overs.
- Following that win, it is virtually certain that they will name an unchanged side and they will be heartened by the fact that they broke the poor run of form and still have plenty of room for improvement in their performance too.
ST KITTS & NEVIS PATRIOTS
Coach: Donovan Miller
Captain: Chris Gayle
- The Patriots were really disappointing last time out against Jamaica Tallawahs as they slipped to a 47-run loss, and they have to make some major improvements in the coming matches now.
- The pressure is mounting on Evin Lewis at the top of the order as he is in abysmal form with just one run from three innings including two ducks, so he has to improve and so do the likes of Cutting and Devcich.
- Their bowling has been key to them competing so far with Lamichhane in sensational form taking 5/50 from his 11 overs so far at an economy rate of just 4.54, but they cannot continue to rely solely on the bowling attack and Chris Gayle’s batting.
The Stars have finally overcome the psychological issues that came from such a long winless run, and they will be buzzing after their win on Friday. Their team has plenty of quality within it and they could well string together some wins now and gain some momentum. The Patriots on the other hand are struggling to find form with the bat. Other than Gayle, none of their other batsmen are scoring enough and that will cost them unless they can turn it around quickly. The Stars will relish playing at home and they are favoured to get back-to-back wins here.