AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 26th
August, 01:00 (UK)
Where? Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, Gros Islet
Weather? 28-30c with a small chance of rain
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: St Lucia Stars W3, Jamaica Tallawahs W7
THE TEAM NEWS
ST LUCIA STARS
Coach: Brad Hodge
Captain: Kieron Pollard
- The Stars bounced back from their embarrassing loss in midweek by beating the Guyana Amazon Warriors on Friday night thanks to skipper Kieron Pollard smashing 30 runs off the 18th over to win the match.
- The response was just what Pollard was hoping for from this team after the shocking loss in midweek where they were bowled out for a shocking 69 by the Patriots and their attitude and character was questioned by the captain.
- They made a change to their batting line-up as the struggling Simmons was moved up to his preferred position of opener while David Warner dropped down to four and that is likely to continue here.
Coach: Mark O'Donnell
Captain: Andre Russell
- The Tallawahs are struggling at the moment as after winning their opening three matches, they have since lost their next three games and they need to halt this slide quickly if they want to stay in the top four places.
- The loss to the Tridents last time out was particularly disappointing as they looked to be in control of the run chase only to fall two runs short despite having established batsmen at the crease and six wickets to space.
- That could well see them move Andre Russell up the order early in this match to boost their firepower after Taylor and Miller struggled to hit boundaries but it is unlikely they will make changes to personnel.
Neither of these sides inspire much confidence at the moment but both are desperate for a win. The Stars are becoming tough to predict on in contrast to a couple of weeks ago when it seemed inevitable they would lose. The Tallawahs on the other hand have been very streaky so far with three wins in a row followed by three defeats in succession. Bizarrely, this is arguably the fixture they would want to snap this tough run, and they could get back to winning ways here.