AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 30th
August, 23:00 (UK)
Where? Warner Park Sporting Complex, Basseterre
Weather? 26c with showers earlier in the day but should not impact the match
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: St Kitts & Nevis Patriots W4, St Lucia Stars W2, No result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
ST KITTS & NEVIS PATRIOTS
Coach: Donovan Miller
Captain: Chris Gayle
- The Patriots come off a disappointing loss to the Guyana Amazon Warriors and Chris Gayle’s men will know they have to bounce back to put some distance between them and the two teams below them as they chase the last play-off place.
- They were heartened by the fact that Evin Lewis got some much-needed runs as he managed 28 from 22 balls as he put on a stand of 71 with Chris Gayle in 7.4 overs, but the rest of the batting line-up could not kick on from there and get close to 200.
- The bowling unit is clearly missing the absent Lamichhane who has departed for international duty and left a major hole now, but they will look to replicate the performance they put in last week against the Stars when they bowled them out for 69.
ST LUCIA STARS
Coach: Brad Hodge
Captain: Kieron Pollard
- The Stars are virtually out of the tournament now as it would take something miraculous to reach the final four now so they are purely playing for pride in these remaining matches.
- The batting line-up is showing signs of firing now with Simmons finding some form to support skipper Kieron Pollard who has been exceptional throughout the tournament, but it appears to be too little too late.
- The bowling remains a major issue however and that does not bode well when facing Chris Gayle and company and they will need Mitch McClenaghan to produce some magic to have any chance of stopping them.
This match was something of a farce last time they met last week as the Stars were bowled out for 69 and the match lasted 20.1 overs in total. The Patriots will be confident of picking up another win here as their batting line-up should comfortably overpower this poor Stars’ bowling attack. The Stars have no realistic chance of reaching the knockout phase, so their motivation will be wavering, and the Patriots should have too much quality and focus themselves to remove any chance of a major surprise here.