AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 16th
September, 22:00 (UK)
Where? Brian Lara Cricket Academy
Weather? 27c with a small chance of rain
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://wi.bookmyshow.com/sports/caribbean-premier-league
All-time meetings: Guyana Amazon Warriors W7, Trinbago Knight Riders W9
THE TEAM NEWS
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
Coach: Johan Botha
Captain: Rayad Emrit
- These teams have played each other three times in the last two weeks and the Amazon Warriors will take heart from the fact that they have won the last two meetings between the two teams as they come into this final.
- They key to those victories was some outstanding bowling as they thwarted the powerful Knight Riders batting line-up with their spinners Imran Tahir and Chris Green causing them all kinds of problems.
- They will desperately need their batsmen to step up and provide support to the superb Shimron Hetymer and they will ideally need either Ronchi or Walton to fire big as they open the innings whether they bat or bowl first.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Simon Katich
Captain: Dwayne Bravo
- The defending champions are looking to retain their trophy but they will have to reverse their recent form against the Amazon Warriors who have beaten them in their last two, although they did bounce back to beat the Patriots comfortably to reach the final.
- Fawad Ahmed has been arguably the best bowler in the CPL 2018 this campaign and his 21 wickets have been just as important as their batting, so they will look to him to make the difference once again.
- Their batting line-up has been superb with their big names like Munro and McCullum producing the goods, and if they are firing, they will have an excellent chance of winning the trophy once again.
The Knight Riders are understandably favourites in this CPL final but the Amazon Warriors have good form themselves coming into this final. They beat the Knight Riders twice and their bowlers had plenty of success against them. The spinners in particular will be key but that was on the pitch in Providence and much will depend on how this one plays. If it is slow and favours the spinners, Green and Tahir could be key men. If it plays fast and does not spin, the Knight Riders’ batsmen could have a field day.