AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 12th
October, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 36c and sunshine expected all day
What channel is it on? Kabul Zwanan vs Nangarhar Leopards will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? Kabul Zwanan vs Nangarhar Leopards cannot be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Heath Streak
Captain: Rashid Khan
- These two teams played earlier in the week on Tuesday where Kabul Zwanan produced a stunning seven-wicket victory chasing down 188/5 with 13 balls to spare so they will be confident as they meet again here.
- Laurie Evans continues to be the star man with the bat as he has now hit 205 runs in four matches so far and has been not out in three of those games with a strike rate of 168 which has been vital while Ronchi and Ingram have not really got going yet.
- Shahidullah and Javed Ahmadi gave Rashid Khan some much-needed support in the bowling attack last time out but even the influential skipper was hit for 22 against Kandahar so there is still more improvement to be made in that area.
Coach: Venkatesh Prasad
Captain: Ben Cutting
- The Nangahar Leopards lost their third match in four on Thursday as after managing to restrict the Balkh Legends to 143/7 thanks to an impressive bowling performance, they stumbled to 118 all out and lost by 25 runs.
- Andre Russell missed the match on Thursday due to an injury problem and his status is uncertain for this match while the Leopards are desperately hoping talented young Napalese spinner Lamichhane will be available after playing for his nation on Wednesday in Kuala Lumpur.
- Other than Anton Devcich, none of their other batsmen have really found form or been able to hit at a strike rate so there is a chance Cutting could move up the order and if Russell is able to bat at least, he could bat relatively high in the order to get them off to a fast start.
Kabul Zwanan won the first match between these two teams just a couple of days ago and in matches played since then, there has been further evidence to support the same outcome here. The one major potential boost for the Leopards could revolve around team news and it remains to be seen if Russell and Lamichhane will be available. They need another strong bowling performance from their team but their batsmen have to find some form quickly. Rashid Khan’s men are finding ways to win even though they have weaknesses in their game too but if the Leopards have some positive team news, this match could be much closer than the last time they played.