AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 11th
October, 13:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? Scorching temperatures of 37-38c expected
What channel is it on? Kabul Zwanan vs Kandahar Knights will be televised live in the UK in FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Kabul Zwanan vs Kandahar Knights will not be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Heath Streak
Captain: Rashid Khan
- Two wins from their opening three matches for Kabul Zwanan and both of those victories came in monumental chases as they surpassed the Panthers’ 218/4 and the Nangarhar Leopards’ 188/5 on Tuesday with 13 balls to spare in that match.
- Their bowling unit continues to look fragile as while Rashid Khan is going at an impressive economy rate of 5.33, they are struggling to support him with overseas star Wayne Parnell the only other bowler to have bowled 12 overs and he is going at 9.71.
- The batting line-up has been outstanding and the key to their two victories so far with Hazratullah Zazai hitting a stunning 124 from just 55 balls last time out and those performances have come without the likes of Ronchi and Ingram finding their best form so far.
Coach: Kabir Ali
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- The Kandahar Knights are the only team yet to taste victory in the Afghanistan Premier League so they will be itching to get off the mark and not lose further ground on the teams above them.
- While the bowling line-up is lacking any real quality match winning options, it is clear they are missing some of the overseas stars like Wahab Riaz who would have been major players for them and Tymal Mills has yet to really click into gear.
- Assuming that their bowling unit are unable to really make the difference for them, they will likely start looking to field first if they win the toss and then rely on their batsmen to find some form which they desperately need.
It has been a tough start for the Knights who are lacking all-round quality to compete here. Their batting line-up has the quality on paper but has not fired just yet and with the lack of talent in the bowling ranks, their chance of winning matches does rely heavily on their batsmen hitting some big scores. Kabul Zwanan have started the campaign in impressive form and they will be confident here. Their batting line-up is absolutely formidable and the only real risk to them here would be complacency. They will be comfortable aiming for or chasing anything less than 200 and based on form and momentum, they have to be favoured in this one.