AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 16th
October, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 32c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is it on? Kabul Zwanan vs Kandahar Knights will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? Kabul Zwanan vs Kandahar Knights cannot be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Heath Streak
Captain: Rashid Khan
- Kabul Zwanan are coming off one of the most remarkable matches in T20 history as they fell 21 runs short of chasing down Balkh Legends’ stunning total of 244/6 despite the heroics of Hazratullah Zazai who smashed six sixes in one over.
- Their fundamental weakness remains their bowling attack and even star captain Rashid Khan has been smashed to all parts in the last couple of matches including 40 from his four overs last time out and that could very well prove their downfall at some stage.
- They will be desperate to get back to winning ways here after losing their last two matches and while it would take a minor miracle for them not to make the semi-finals, they will be keen to carry some form and momentum into the knockout stage.
Coach: Kabir Ali
Captain: Asghar Afghan
- Kandahar Knights are coming off their first win in the APL having beaten Nangarhar Leopards by 26 runs on Saturday to give them a fighting chance of reaching the semi-finals but they need to win two of their remaining three games now.
- The Knights’ batsmen continue to struggle badly at the moment and the top order let them down again last time out as they were reduced to 27/5 but their lower order rescued them once more and they may consider one or two changes to shake things up.
- The bowling attack has been key to them in the last couple of matches and is clearly the main strength of the team having bowled out Paktia Panthers for 127 and the Leopards for 110 in their last two matches with six of their bowlers possessing economy rates of 7.35 and less, so the likes of Tymal Mills are unlikely to come back in at present.
The previous match between these two teams came down to the final ball as Kabul Zwanan won by two runs and this one will likely be close too. Kabul Zwanan’s bowling unit continues to be exposed but the Knights do not have the batting firepower to take advantage of it. While Kabul Zwanan have lost their last two games, their batting line-up remains one of the strongest in the tournament and they should have too much quality for the Knights as they get back to winning ways.