AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 9th February, 03:00 (UK)
Where? Hagley Oval
Weather? 26-27c with bright sunshine all day and no chance of rain
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=NZCSMASH19
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Gary Stead
Captain: Andrew Ellis
- Canterbury Knights snapped their six-game losing streak as they overcome Otago Volts in their last game, claiming a 30-run victory with the majority of the team making a contribution with bat or ball.
- Having won just two games in the competition, the Kings sit bottom of the ladder and must win this game to have any chance of avoiding the wooden spoon.
- After finally snapping their losing streak, the Knights will likely field the same team unless there are any late fitness issues and will be looking to Chad Bowes to add to his 40 from the last game.
Coach: Bruce Edgar
Captain: Michael Bracewell
- Wellington Firebirds were unable to chase down a modest total against Central Stags to sum up a disappointing campaign that has seen them miss out on the finals.
- After they were set 162 to win, too many players contributed very little with the bat as they were bowled out for 150 with no less than seven players failing to make double figures.
- The Firebirds will be without all-rounder Jimmy Neesham for their final game of the campaign after he was given a late call-up to the Blackcaps squad for the T20 series with India and that is a major loss to them.
This is a dead rubber due to both teams failing to qualify for the finals but both teams will be looking to end their campaign on a high note. Neither have been good enough this year and have rightfully missed out with the pair securing just five wins between them. The Kings are at the foot of the ladder at the minute and will finish there if they do not win but after a good all-round effort against the Volts, they can build on that with another win here.