AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 9th February, 03:00 (UK)
Where? Eden Park Outer Oval
Weather? 23c with cloud cover all day and a decent chance of some rain
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=NZCSMASH19
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mark O'Donnell
Captain: Craig Cachopa
- Auckland Aces secured their place in the knockout stages of the Super Smash with a superb win against Northern Knights with the Aces chasing down the 197 they needed with just four balls remaining.
- A well-timed chase resulted in the six-wicket victory with the Aces thankful to the scores of Craig Cachopa (60), Colin Munro (54) and Robbie O’Donnell (45) who all played their part in the important win.
- Big-hitting Munro made a welcome return after international duty but is set to unavailable again with the Blackcaps likely to play him high up their order for the T20 series against India.
Coach: Heinrich Malan
Captain: Tom Bruce
- Central Stags secured their place in the knockout stages of the competition as they saw off Wellington Firebirds by 11 runs and remain in the hunt for a home semi-final.
- They can take a big step towards that when they face the Aces with both team competing for the same prize but will need to show some improvement with their bowling despite bowling the Firebirds out for 150.
- Their attack is set to be without Blair Tickner after he received a call-up for the Blackcaps and that will leave a big hole in their side after he took another three wickets in the win over the Firebirds.
An interesting affair that will have a big baring on the final standings takes place in Auckland with the Aces hosting the Central Stags. Both teams could still claim a home game in the knockout stages but only the winner of this game can do so. With New Zealand facing India in the T20 series beginning this week, both will be missing some key players but the Aces can cope better on home soil and potentially set-up another game with the Stags in the semi-finals.