AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 14th December, 23:00 (UK)
Where? Casey Fields
Weather? Cloudy with light winds and temperatures of 25c forecast
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.melbournestars.com.au/tickets#gender=women
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: David Hemp
Captain: Erin Osbourne
- Melbourne Stars will be looking to bounce back from suffering their first defeat of the season as they lost to Hobart Hurricanes by 72 runs, after the Hurricanes set a huge total of 196 which the Stars struggled to come close to.
- Angela Reakes top-scored with 31 for the Stars and they lost opener Lizelle Lee - who scored a century in the Stars’ opening game of the WBBL - in their run chase but consistently lost wickets in their attempts to reach the Hurricanes’ big total.
- With reigning WBBL champions Sydney Sixers looking strong once again, the Stars know that they must get back to winning ways against Perth if they want to keep in touch with them so a victory here is imperative.
Coach: Lisa Keightley
Captain: Elyse Villani
- Perth Scorchers lost their second game in a row last time out as they were defeated by seven wickets by the Brisbane Heat after they were able to reach the Scorchers’ total of 103 with 43 balls remaining in relative ease.
- Skipper Elyse Villani played a steadying innings at the top of the batting order as she scored 45 off 55 balls, after scoring 57 on her debut, though England wicketkeeper Amy Jones could not keep her good form going as she was dismissed for just four.
- Despite the Scorchers’ poor form, Australian bowler Heather Graham is tied at the top of the wicket-taking scoreboards having picked up five wickets in her first three games of the WBBL so they will look to her for inspiration in slowing the Stars batting line-up.
The last time Melbourne Stars and Perth Scorchers faced off, the Melbourne team edged to a 12-run victory over their Perth counterparts, despite Elyse Villani’s inspired 72 off 44 balls. The Scorchers are looking to snap their two-game losing streak but will need other batsmen outside of Villani to help contribute if they want to be able to chase big totals. Look for the Stars to bounce back after suffering a heavy defeat last time out and they should have too much for the Scorchers.