AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 19th January, 07:00 (UK)
Where? McLean Park
Weather? 24-26c with cloud but no rain expected.
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=NZCSMASH19
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Heinrich Malan
Captain: Tom Bruce
- Central Stags have won their last two matches in the Super Smash and that has seen them rise up the ladder into second place and their victory over Canterbury last time out was arguably their most complete performance of the tournament so far.
- They are able to name an unchanged team for this match which means that all their key men such as Bruce, Worker, Wheeler, Rance and Patel are all named in the squad as they play the second of the back-to-back matches against the Kings.
- In the victory over the Kings in Christchurch on Sunday, it was their bowling unit that gave them control of the match with Rance and Wheeler both taking three wickets apiece from their four overs each and only conceded 34 runs between them too, so they will be key here once again.
Coach: Gary Stead
Captain: Cole McConchie
- Canterbury Kings have lost their last four matches in the Super Smash as they sit bottom of the ladder, and they are desperate to get back to winning ways after narrowly losing to leaders Northern Knights last time out.
- They fell just six runs short of the adjusted target against the Knights from which they can take some confidence, but they will hope for better from their top order with Latham especially struggling as he was out for a golden ball duck in that innings opening the batting.
- They should have the same set of players at their disposal for this match which means New Zealand internationals such as Latham, Nicholls and Henry will all be available as they seek to get back into the win column.
On paper there is not much to separate these two teams in terms of quality, but the Stags clearly have form and momentum on their side. They played and comprehensively beat the Kings last weekend which will give them big confidence coming into this reverse fixture at home. The urgency is with the Kings, but there is little to suggest they should be favoured here so consider the Stags to pick up another victory.