AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 19th January, 23:30 (UK)
Where? Eden Park Outer Oval
Weather? 22-24c with cloud but no rain forecast
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=NZCSMASH19
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mark O'Donnell
Captain: Craig Cachopa
- Auckland Aces are coming off what is just their second win in a stop-start season so far as they comprehensively beat Wellington on Friday so they will be looking to kick on now and string a run of victories together to move up the Super Smash ladder.
- They welcomed back their internationals for that match with the Firebirds and it was Colin Munro who produced a man-of-the-match performance as he took 4/15 from his four overs with the ball and smashed 41 from 34 balls with the bat.
- They will be able to count upon all of their star international players which has not been the case for several matches in the Super Smash so far so Guptill, Munro, Phillips, Somerville and McClenaghan will all be available for this match.
Coach: Rob Walter
Captain: Jacob Duffy
- Otago Volts’ last match was against their opposition here but that match last Sunday was abandoned in Dunedin due to rain which was a bonus for the Volts as the Aces had raced to 117/1 from the opening 11 overs of their innings.
- Other than skipper Jacob Duffy, all of their other bowlers were smashed to all parts of the ground so the likes of Finnie, Raine, Smith and Rippon will all have to improve against this formidable Aces batting line-up.
- The Volts won their opening two matches but have lost two and had two matches abandoned by rain which has affected their momentum so they will look to rebuild with a win here.
These two teams met last weekend and it was rain that seemingly saved the Volts as the Aces had smashed 117 from their first 11 overs with the loss of just one wicket. With all their international players available, this will be a tough assignment for the Volts and the Aces have to be favoured to pick up a second consecutive victory.