When? Sunday, 30th
Where? University of Tasmania Stadium
Weather? 20-22c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Channel 7 & Fox in Australia & BT Sport 2 in the UK
Are tickets still available? http://www.hobarthurricanes.com.au/tickets
Where can I stream the match? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match online via the BT Sport website
All-time meetings: Hobart Hurricanes W3, Perth Scorchers W6
Last meeting: Hobart Hurricanes beat Perth Scorchers by 71 runs
Coach: Adam Griffith
Captain: Matthew Wade
- The Hurricanes have been the outstanding team in BBL08 so far and have responded superbly well to their defeat in the final last season having won their first three matches of the season ahead of this game with Perth Scorchers.
- Hot on the heels of that victory, they have named an unchanged squad once again although Jake Doran and David Moody are expected to be the odd men out of the 13 yet again when they name their final eleven.
- For once their bowling did not quite fire against Thunder and that will be a slight concern but the most expensive bowler was Jofra Archer and they will be confident that he will bunce back quickly despite the quick turnaround in matches.
Coach: Adam Voges
Captain: Ashton Turner
- Perth Scorchers picked up their first win of BBL08 to finally get off the mark at the third attempt and they will not be looking to push on against the team that beat them comfortable in the semi-finals last year.
- The bowling unit was the key reason for the victory against the Strikers last time out as they bowled them out for just 88 although their batsmen still failed to convince in the chase taking 18 overs to get 92.
- Sam Whiteman missed the last match through illness but he comes back in for Josh Inglis while Cameron Bancroft is named in the squad for the first time since his suspension by Cricket Australia for ball tampering expired and he will surely opening the innings for the Scorchers.
All the headlines coming into this match surround Cam Bancroft but that is only likely to be a distraction for him more than anything else. The Hurricanes have been the standout team in BBL08 so far and only complacency is a threat to them right now. That sad, this is a quick turnaround in matches and the Scorchers carry some confidence and momentum into it. However, the Hurricanes’ batting line-up is playing some great cricket right now and despite the Scorchers bowling unit being capable of slowing them down, the Scorchers batting line-up still has to show major improvement if they are to challenge in a game like this.