When is Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Friday, 8th February - 09:40 (UK)
Where is Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars taking place? The Gabba
What is the expected weather for Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars? 25-27c with plenty of cloud cover but rain earlier in the day could soak the outfield
What channel is Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars on? Channel 7 & Fox in Australia & BT Sport 2 in the UK
Where can I stream Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match online via the BT Sport website
Where can I get tickets for Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars? http://www.brisbaneheat.com.au/tickets
All-time meetings: Brisbane Heat W6, Melbourne Stars W3
Last meeting: Melbourne Stars beat Brisbane Heat by 5 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Chris Lynn
- Anything less than a win will do for Brisbane Heat with them needing to beat Melbourne Stars to give themselves any chance of making the semi-finals and even if they get the win, they still need two other results to go their way so they are real outsiders.
- They have kept themselves alive thanks to back-to-back wins with the Heat able to follow up their win over Perth Scorchers with another six-wicket win, this time over Adelaide Strikers which was in part down to an unbeaten 90 from Matt Renshaw.
- This could turn out to be former New Zealand captain Brendan McCullum’s last game for the Heat with the big-hitter calling time on his Big Bash career so he will be looking to put in a big performance in what is likely to be his farewell game.
Coach: Stephen Fleming
Captain: Glenn Maxwell
- Melbourne Stars control their own destiny in BBL08 despite a shock defeat at the hands of bottom-of-the-ladder Perth Scorchers with the Stars still having a bit of work to do to make the semi-finals with one win in their final two games required.
- The Stars fell 27 runs short as they chased down 156 despite a third-wicket partnership of 106 between skipper Glenn Maxwell and the in-form Marcus Stoinis with regular wickets falling once the pair had been dismissed just two balls apart.
- Stoinis will again be the key man for the Stars although he will be looking for an improved effort with the ball after going for 32 runs off just two overs against the Scorchers with several of the bowlers struggling which made lead to a tweak to the attack.
Brisbane Heat have the perfect reason to go out and claim a win here with this potentially being Brendan McCullum’s final appearance in the BBL. With a win, they would keep their slim hopes of a semi-final berth but a defeat would confirm their fate and allow Melbourne Stars to progress. The Stars could have already secured their spot but fell to a shock loss against Perth Scorchers in their last outing. They will be looking to right the wrongs of that performance but the Heat can make them sweat a little longer and keep the race for the final play-off spot ongoing.