2020 NFL Wild Card Play-Offs – Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints Preview & Pick
When is Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints taking place? Sunday 10th January, 2021 – 21:40 (UK)
Where is Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints taking place? Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
What is the expected weather for Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints? 10c, partly cloudy
What channel is Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints? If televised on Sky, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can also stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New Orleans Saints 26-23 Chicago Bears
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chicago Bears were unable to extend their winning streak to four matches as they fell to NFC North rivals Green Bay Packers in Week 17 but owing to Arizona Cardinals’ defeat to Los Angeles Rams, the Bears were able to sneak into the play-offs.
- Finishing with an 8-8 record, the Bears have plenty of work to do to avoid going one and out in the post-season with their defense needing to hold firm against the high-powered offense of the New Orleans Saints.
- The Bears scored 372 points during the regular season but conceded just two less than that total and with the Saints scoring 110 points more than they managed, there is a lot of pressure on their defense here.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
- New Orleans were very impressive in their victory over Carolina Panthers last week as they overcame their lack of options in the backfield to secure the #2 seed in the NFC which sees them host Chicago Bears in this Wild Card contest.
- RB Alvin Kamara was sidelined after testing positive for COVID-19 and his teammates in the same position - aside from Ty Montgomery - were also forced to isolate but that was not enough to stop the Saints from earning a 33-7 success.
- Kamara is hopeful of returning for this contest but Latavius Murray will definitely make his return after coming off the reserve/COVID-19 list while there is also hope WR Michael Thomas will overcome the ankle injury that has sidelined him for the past three matches.
New Orleans Saints will be desperate to get Alvin Kamara back on the field after he tested positive in the build-up to his team’s Week 17 matchup and if Michael Thomas also returns from injury, they will have all of their key offensive weapons on the field which spells trouble for Chicago Bears. The road team only just managed to book their spot in the post-season despite managing an 8-8 record and they come into this on the back of a heavy loss to NFC North rivals Green Bay Packers. The Bears’ season looked to be over having gone from 5-1 to 5-7 but three wins earned them a reprieve to extend their campaign. That second chance may be short-lived and they will need to defend well to limit the Saints but the difference in class between the two is likely to be evident here with the home team able to advance by covering the -10 spread.