When is Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants taking place? Monday 14th September, 2020 – 00:15 (UK)
Where is Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants taking place? MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford
What is the expected weather for Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants? 12c cloudy
What channel is Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants? If televised on Sky, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can also stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Pittsburgh Steelers 20-12 New York Giants
THE TEAM NEWS
- Pittsburgh Steelers fell short of reaching the playoffs last season as their 8-8 was not enough so they will have much greater ambitions this time around as they look to challenge their arch-rivals Baltimore Ravens in the AFC East.
- After missing Big Ben Roethlisberger for virtually the whole season and suffering other key injuries such as the one to star running back James Conner, the Steelers have gotten their key men back and they will be looking to inspire a strong start.
- There two teams only meet every four years but it is the Steelers who have won three of the last four encounters so that will give them confidence to get off to a winning start against the Giants at the MetLife.
NEW YORK GIANTS
- The New York Giants suffered a miserable 2019 season finishing 4-12 and that follows a 5-11 season in 2018 and 3-13 in 2017 so there is a lot of work to do for the coaching staff to spark a turnaround.
- Jason Garrett joins as offensive coordinator and he will be instrumental in getting the best out of quarterback Daniel Jones as well as star running-back Saquon Barkley – much like he did with Dak Prescott and Zeke Elliott in his days as the Cowboys’ head coach.
- They too had a number of key injuries last season but they are relatively healthy to start the new campaign and they will have high hopes for tight end Evan Engram who has had his fair share of injuries but is a major weapon that Daniel Jones should exploit regularly.
The Giants have been dreadful for some time now and they will not be helped by not having a preseason given the overhaul they have had with their roster. They will be hoping that their offense can click into gear immediately and there will be plenty of pressure on star running back Saquon Barkley to produce the magic once again. They welcome the Steelers to town and they will have lofty expectations this season. They were the team most impacted by injuries last season and they still managed to finish 8-8. They have reported virtually a healthy roster coming into this opener and with a gulf in quality between the two rosters, expect them to get the win and cover the -5.5 handicap.