2019 NFL – Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles Preview & Prediction
When is Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles taking place? Sunday 8th
September, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles taking place? Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
What is the expected weather for Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles? 25c in partly cloudy conditions
What television channel is Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Eagles 24-0 Washington Redskins
THE TEAM NEWS
- A promising-looking season for Washington ended in misery as injuries decimated the Redskins towards the back end of the year but this another poor season could be on the cards with many disregarding their chances before the first game has even started.
- QB Alex Smith will sit out the 2019 season with the horrific leg break he suffered last season with the Redskins drafting Dwayne Haskins whilst they also moved to sign journeyman Case Keenum from the Denver Broncos.
- Keenum will have the starting job to start the season with Haskins some way off the starting role yet but the new QB may not have TE Jordan Reed to target after he suffered yet another concussion during pre-season and he will have to overcome the protocols if he is to feature.
- Philadelphia pushed New Orleans all the way in their Divisional Round play-off but were ultimately unable to defend their Super Bowl crown with the Eagles fancying their chances of another shot deep into the post-season this year.
- The Eagles will hope QB Carson Wentz can remain injury free this season following another injury-hit season, especially in the wake of back-up Nick Foles joining the Jaguars after they offered him the starting job in Jacksonville.
- One interesting facet of Philadelphia’s offense this season will be their running game with the Eagles set to roll with another committee backfield after drafting Miles Sanders in the second round whilst also trading for Jordan Howard from Chicago.
Philadelphia were underwhelming to start last season but showed they have some real talent on their roster as they bounced back from 4-6 to make the play-offs. Washington will have to navigate the season with issues at QB and with other roster issues not aiding their cause, the Eagles can get off to a strong start. The Redskins cannot afford to get off to a poor start but they look like falling short here with Philadelphia looking strong on both offense and defense.