Super Bowl LIV – San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs Preview & Pick
When is San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs taking place? Sunday 2nd February, 2020 – 23:30 (UK)
Where is San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs taking place? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens
What is the expected weather for San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs? 19c in cloudy skies
What television channel is San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? San Francisco 49ers 27-38 Kansas City Chiefs
THE TEAM NEWS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- San Francisco were dominant as they claimed the NFC Championship thanks largely to a superb first half display that saw them take a 27-0 lead into the break against Green Bay Packers.
- The 49ers only threw the ball eight times during the game as they focused heavily on their ground game and running back Raheem Mostert had a field day with 220 yards and four touchdowns in a record-breaking performance.
- Part of the reason that Mostert was handed the balls so many times came as a result of fellow running back Tevin Coleman leaving the field with a shoulder injury and it prevented him from returning in that game but he looks like he will be healthy enough to suit up for the big occasion having logged a limited practice on Wednesday with the 49ers boasting a healthy roster.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Kansas City ended 50 years’ of hurt as they won the AFC Championship to progress to the Super Bowl with an impressive game plan executed extremely well against a solid Tennessee Titans outfit.
- Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes scored an eye-catching rushing touchdown on the stroke of the half to turn the game in his team’s favour and they were able to build on that to pull away in the second half.
- Defensive tackle Chris Jones returned to the Chiefs line-up against the Titans with a limited snap count but with a two-week break, he will be hoping to take to the field more often in the Super Bowl and a full practice on Wednesday suggests that will be the case whilst the Chiefs have no other injury concerns heading into the game.
Kansas City will appear in the Super Bowl for the first time in 50 years after overcoming Tennessee Titans in the AFC Championship. They will face NFC champions San Francisco who swept Green Bay aside to make their first Super Bowl since 2013. The Chiefs boast a superb offence led by quarterback Patrick Mahomes but his team will be tested by the 49ers’ strong defense. San Francisco are also capable with the ball but in what is likely to be a highly-entertaining and competitive contest, Mahomes can be the star and guide the Chiefs to victory.