2019 NFL – San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Preview & Prediction
When is San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking place? Sunday 8th September, 2019 – 21:25 (UK)
Where is San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking place? Raymond James Stadium, Tampa
What is the expected weather for San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers? 32c with some clouds above but next to no chance of rain
What television channel is San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? San Francisco 49ers 9-27 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
THE TEAM NEWS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- San Francisco only managed to win four games in 2018 as star signing QB Jimmy Garoppolo suffered an ACL injury three games in but he should be back to full health this year and can lead his side to a more successful season.
- The 49ers will look to build their offense around TE George Kittle after a breakout year in just his second season in the NFL and he looks to have all the tools to become a star, especially with Garoppolo under center.
- DL Nick Bosa was selected as the second overall pick in the draft and will be expected to hit the ground running but he was a limited participant at practice with an ankle knock earlier in the week whilst rookie WR Jalen Hurd looks set to miss the first few games with a back problem.
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
- Tampa Bay endured a tough season which wasn't helped by uncertainty around the QB position which saw them fall to a 5-11 record but they made moves to resolve those issues and allow for more continuity in the side.
- The Buccaneers allowed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to depart in the off-season which paves the way for Jameis Winston to be the #1 choice and that should allow him to play with less pressure on his shoulders as a result.
- With 10 players on the Buccaneers injury report, they will be sweating on the fitness of several important players with only one of those a full participant in Wednesday’s practice session.
Two of last season's strugglers meet in Round 1 of the 2019 season with Tampa Bay and San Francisco both looking for a much improved year. The 49ers will be boosted by the return of QB Jimmy Garoppolo and he could prove to be the difference in this game to give his side the perfect start. The Buccaneers have some real talent on their roster but struggle for consistency and that could be an issue again this year.