When is Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets taking place? Sunday 22nd December, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets taking place? MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford
What is the expected weather for Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets? 4c in party cloudy skies
What television channel is Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Jets 13-31 Pittsburgh Steelers
THE TEAM NEWS
- Pittsburgh’s three-match winning streak was halted by Buffalo on Sunday Night Football and that defeat has put the Steelers in a precarious position as they attempt to seal a play-off spot via a wildcard.
- With Baltimore already sealing the AFC North title, Pittsburgh’s only hope of making the post-season will be by virtue of a wildcard and they now appear to be in a two-horse race with the second place team in the AFC South.
- The Steelers were boosted by the return of running back James Conner following a three-game absence with a shoulder issue but he only managed eight carries of the football with an increased workload expected in this contest.
NEW YORK JETS
- New York Jets were on the receiving end of a big loss against Baltimore but that is no shame with the way the Ravens have played this season and the Jets will be keen to try and put the record straight this week as they host Pittsburgh.
- The Jets come into this contest at 5-9 and having won four of those games in the last six weeks, they will not be too concerned with last week’s defeat knowing that their form is good on the whole.
- Having suffered a terrible year in terms of injuries, the Jets have used 70 players so far this season which is the most in the NFL and they had to send their 17th player to injured reserve this season when wide receiver Jeff Smith picked up an ankle injury against the Ravens.
Pittsburgh suffered an untimely defeat to Buffalo last week but remain in the hunt for a wildcard. They are still clinging to that spot but it is a close-run thing and one loss could see them surrender the slender advantage they currently hold over Tennessee Titans. New York Jets stand in their way in this game and although the home team are likely to improve on what was a tough game against Baltimore, the Steelers defense is likely to be too good.