When is Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens taking place? Sunday 29th December, 2019 – 21:25 (UK)
Where is Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens taking place? M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore
What is the expected weather for Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens? 8c with cloud and rain likely
What television channel is Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Baltimore Ravens 26-23 Pittsburgh Steelers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Steelers are under huge pressure to get the win here with their play-off hopes still just alive despite two consecutive defeats at the hands of Buffalo Bills and even more disappointingly, against New York Jets in Week 16 last time out.
- The quarterback position continues to affect them severely and they were not helped last time out as Devlin Hodges was benched after two interceptions, and while replacement Mason Rudolph came into the game and sparked an improvement, he was forced to leave the game with a shoulder injury leaving Hodges to return to the field.
- Hodges is expected to start here with Rudolph a big doubt so they will need a major improvement from him although they will somehow hope a fit-again James Conner can find some success against what may be a second-string Ravens defense here.
- Baltimore Ravens have wrapped up the number one seed in the AFC thanks to their 31-15 victory over the Cleveland Browns in Week 16 and there is every chance that they will rest some of their starters for this match albeit against their arch rivals.
- It had been widely reported that the Ravens fully planned to rest star quarterback Lamar Jackson and give Robert Griffin III a start under center despite Jackson stating that he was keen to play the game, and coach John Harbaugh later confirmed on Monday that Jackson would be held out.
- There is a chance that some of their starters will still play some snaps but it seems unlikely they will risk any of their key players with nothing to play for so they are expected to be significantly under-strength here.
In formal circumstances this season, the Ravens would be big favourites to beat their arch rivals with home advantage on their side, and they have clearly been the better team this season. The fact they are resting some of their key players such as star quarterback Lamar Jackson gives the Steelers a chance and this will be a much more even game. Ravens fans will be desperate to beat the Steelers and knock them out of play-off contention and the Ravens’ defense alone could win the game given how poor Steelers QB Hodges is playing. With weather conditions expected to be poor and both teams missing keys cogs of their offense, expect a low scoring affair here.