2019 NFL – New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins Preview & Prediction
When is New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins taking place? Sunday 6th October, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins taking place? FedExField, Landover
What is the expected weather for New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins? 22c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Washington Redskins 10-27 New England Patriots
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
- New England were pushed all the way by Buffalo last week but managed to edge the victory over their divisional rivals to go to 4-0 and will get the chance to fix last week’s issues on offense as they head to Washington to face the struggling Redskins.
- Patriots CB Jonathan Jones has avoided a suspension for the hit that knocked Bills QB Josh Allen out of last week's game but they have lost K Stephen Gostkowski for the season due to a hip injury.
- He has been replaced by Mike Nugent who has struggled to hold down a job in recent years whilst Younghoe Koo has been added to the practice squad to provide further depth and competition.
- Washington put in another poor performance as they dropped to 0-4 with their first win of the season looking a long way off and their run without a win is likely to be extended as they host New England.
- Redskins rookie QB Dwayne Haskins will be hoping for his first NFL start after Case Keenum was benched during the loss to the Giants whilst Colt McCoy could be another option if Keenum is dropped.
- Keenum failed to practice on Wednesday with a foot injury but returned in a limited capacity on Thursday and his inclusion in the side could be determined by that issue regardless of his form whilst the Redskins will also be hoping WR Terry McLaurin can overcome his hamstring complaint.
Washington must attempt to arrest their poor start to the season by hosting unbeaten New England. The reigning Super Bowl champions were tested last week but came out on top against Buffalo and they should have little trouble in improving to 5-0. The Redskins have been poor and with a big question mark surrounding who will line-up under center surely not aiding their cause, the Patriots should be comfortable victors.