2019 NFL – Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers Preview & Prediction
When is Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers taking place? Sunday 8th September, 2019 – 21:05 (UK)
Where is Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers taking place? ROKiT Field at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson
What is the expected weather for Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers? 24c with bright sunshine and clear skies
What television channel is Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Chargers 22-26 Indianapolis Colts
THE TEAM NEWS
- Indianapolis secured a play-off berth last season as they defeated Houston in the Wildcard Round but lost to Kansas City the following week and must now contend with a bombshell that was dropped on them before the start of the season.
- QB Andrew Luck decided to retire with injuries taking their toll on his body which means Jacoby Brissett will start under center for the Colts but he faces a huge task, especially in the early part of the season.
- The Colts improved their defense in the off-season, selecting CB Rock Ya-Sin in the draft whilst OLB Justin Houston was picked up from FA but it is their offense where the real problems could occur this year.
LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
- Los Angeles Chargers enjoyed a good year in which they ended with a 12-4 record before falling to New England in the Divisional Round and they will be confident of another shot at the post-season this time around.
- If they are to back last year’s effort up, they will have to do so without RB Melvin Gordon for the early part of the season at least as he is holding out for a larger contract but talks have so far been unsuccessful.
- The Chargers went heavy on their defense in the draft with DT Jerry Tillery their pick in the first round and he should add to what was an already solid defensive unit from last season but a handful of defensive players are injury doubts ahead of this first game.
Both of these teams enjoyed a successful season last year although they have been hit by the loss of offensive starters for this game. They both looked to improve their defense during the off-season but with Andrew Luck retiring for the Colts whilst Melvin Gordon is still holding out, two potential stars of this game will be missing although it is the Chargers that should be able to deal with their loss better than the Colts to claim the win in this opening game.