When is Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs taking place? Sunday 13th October, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs taking place? Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City
What is the expected weather for Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs? 14c in sunny skies
What television channel is Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Kansas City Chiefs 42-34 Houston Texans
THE TEAM NEWS
- Houston were able to put a poor offensive display against Carolina behind them as they racked up 53 points in their win over Atlanta and they may need to produce a similar number if they are to overcome Kansas City.
- Will Fuller enjoyed a great day against the Falcons as the Texans WR racked up three TDs along with 217 yards from 14 receptions and he could continue to receive more looks if fellow WR DeAndre Hopkins continues to be double or even treble teamed.
- Hopkins was given a rest during the first practice of the week and will hope to produce some big numbers in this game after a somewhat frustrating start to the season whilst C/G Greg Mancz is the only injury concern for the Texans with a concussion.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Kansas City lost their first game of the season as they suffered a shock defeat at home to Indianapolis after only managing 13 points with the Colts doing a superb job of keeping star QB Patrick Mahomes off the field.
- They may have found the blueprint to successfully restrict the Chiefs’ high-octane offense and the Texans are likely to employ similar tactics but may struggle to do so due to their lack of genuine threat out of the backfield.
- The Chiefs lost a handful of players to injury during the loss against the Colts with WR Sammy Watkins the most notable and he was held out of Wednesday’s practice but in more promising news, fellow WR Tyreek Hill was able to log a limited practice as he nears a return.
The 13 points that Kansas City posted last week was the lowest total in their last 26 games and they will be keen to put that right as they host Houston. The Texans scored 53 points last week and that kind of scoring ability could see this game turn into a shootout. If that is the case, the Chiefs would be favoured to come out on top and they will want to put last week’s shock defeat behind them as quickly as possible by getting back to winning ways in this one.