When is Detroit Lions @ Washington Redskins taking place? Sunday 24th November, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Detroit Lions @ Washington Redskins taking place? FedExField, Landover
What is the expected weather for Detroit Lions @ Washington Redskins? 8c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Detroit Lions @ Washington Redskins on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Detroit Lions @ Washington Redskins? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Detroit Lions @ Washington Redskins? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Washington Redskins 17-20 Detroit Lions
THE TEAM NEWS
- Detroit lost for a third consecutive game as they were unable to match the scoring of Dallas but they did push the Cowboys all the way but that loss all but confirms that the Lions will not be challenging for a spot in the post-season.
- The Lions could be without quarterback Matthew Stafford for longer than anticipated but back-up Jeff Driskel did a decent job last week and Detroit will hope he can improve with more game time.
- Stafford was joined by six others on the sidelines at Wednesday’s first practice of the week but right tackle Rick Wagner logging a limited practice was a good sign as he attempts to come out of the concussion protocols.
- Washington put in another underwhelming performance as they were beaten by fellow strugglers New York Jets in last week's contest with that loss seeing the Redskins fall to 1-9 for the season.
- The Redskins will hope running back Derrius Guice can stay healthy and build on his first touchdown in the NFL after a promising display last week but his touches could be limited with the anticipated return of more seasoned players for this game.
- Fellow running back Chris Thompson made a return to practice on Wednesday and although he was only limited, he has almost fully overcome a toe injury and he will take a share of the carries from Guice and Adrian Peterson should he suit up as expected on Sunday.
Washington have not had much to shout about this season but will hope they can put in some improved performances moving forward. Running back Derrius Guice could be key to their success but they have to give him the touches of the ball and not limit him in a crowded backfield. The Redskins have shown little throughout the season and look set for more disappointment in terms of results with the Lions able to win this one.