When is Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears taking place? Friday 6th December, 2019 – 01:20 (UK)
Where is Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears taking place? Soldier Field, Chicago
What is the expected weather for Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears? 0c on a cloudy evening
What television channel is Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Bears 17-31 Dallas Cowboys
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Cowboys suffered defeat on Thanksgiving at home to an in-form Buffalo Bills side who recovered from a slow start to dominate a good portion of that match and the 26-15 setback has seen them fall to 6-6, but they remain top of the NFC East just ahead of the 5-7 Eagles.
- Their cause was not helped by the fact that kicker Brett Maher missed three field goals in that defeat which is incredibly rare in a dome with a roof on, but despite trying out three new kickers on Sunday following that debacle, coach Jason Garrett confirmed Maher would remain their kicker for now.
- Garrett himself does not appear to be under threat despite owner and GM Jerry Jones clearly fuming with the performance of his team, but they come into this match desperately needing a victory in the Windy City.
- The Bears have now won their last two matches to move to 6-6 but they remain three wins behind the Packers in the NFC North despite beating the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving Thursday as they came back from a half-time 10-17 deficit to win 24-20 on the road.
- Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky struggled at times in the first half but produced a strong second-half display to lead the team to victory and coach Matt Nagy gave him plenty of credit post-match for the way he led the team.
- Taylor Gabriel missed that match through concussion but they will be hoping the wide receiver passes the protocol to return here and add to Trubisky’s options which look strong after good performances by Anthony Miller and Allen Robinson, who combined for 17 catches and 226 yards, along with running-back David Montgomery.
If either of these teams are to make the post-season, they simply have to win this game and it is the Bears who have the greater momentum having won their last two games while the Cowboys have lost their last two. The quality of opponents have been somewhat different however as the Cowboys have come unstuck against the Patriots and the Bills while the Bears have beaten the struggling Giants and Lions. That is somewhat telling and the Cowboys may be underestimated for that reason. They have the better rushing and passing game offensively compared to the Bears, who will struggle to keep up with them here. Prescott, Elliott and company should outscore the Bears here and pick up a vital victory.