When is Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings taking place? Sunday 29th December, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings taking place? U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis
What is the expected weather for Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings? -1c with the risk of rain and snow, so the roof is certain to be closed
What television channel is Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Vikings 6-16 Chicago Bears
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chicago Bears are out of play-off contention but will want to end the season with a win to ensure they end 8-8, and after three consecutive wins in a row between weeks 12 and 14, they have lost their last two including a heavy 26-3 loss at home to Kansas City Chiefs last time out.
- After a couple of good performances, quarterback Mitchell Trubisky completed just over half his 34 passing attempts for 157 yards as he could not inspire anything offensively and his future at the Bears remains in some doubt.
- Ill-discipline cost them dearly against the Chiefs as they gave away some careless penalties so they will be keen to improve that and produce some better offense against the Vikings, while they await news on injuries to NT Eddie Goldman and RG Rashaad Coward from the Week 16 game.
- The Vikings lost on Monday evening to divisional rivals Green Bay Packers 23-10 which means they will have to be content with second spot in the NFC North but their current 10-5 record is good enough for a place in the wildcard round with that spot already sealed and they locked down 6th seed after that game.
- The loss to the Packers was their first loss at the U.S. Bank Stadium this season and they will be keen to get back to winning ways here to carry some momentum into the play-offs although they will be tempted to rest some regular starters to avoid further injuries.
- The Vikings' running game remains limited while star RB Dalvin Cook continues to rehab his injury and backup Alexander Mattison also missed the Packers game too so Mike Boone will get the carries once again here with neither of the questionable two expected to be risked.
Minnesota Vikings have sealed the sixth seed for the play-offs and they will be tempted to rest a number of their regular starters for this match. While they would like to carry some momentum into the postseason, they are already nursing some injuries and will not take any unnecessary risks against the Bears. That may hand the initiative to their opponents, who will likely play hard to ensure they finish .500 as they currently sit 7-8. Head coach Matt Nagy will be demanding more from his team and with quarterback Mitchell Trubisky under pressure to appease the doubters, they have enough motivation to beat an under-strength Vikings team.