When is Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions taking place? Thursday 28th November, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions taking place? Ford Field, Detroit
What is the expected weather for Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions? 2c with cloud but the roof will be closed
What television channel is Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Detroit Lions 13-20 Chicago Bears
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chicago Bears come into this NFC North divisional matchup with a slim chance of a wildcard spot as they sit 5-6 but they would have to put together an impressive run of results to have any chance of making the post-season starting with this clash with the Lions.
- They will take good confidence from the fact that they beat the Lions back in Week 10 in what was a closely fought 20-13 victory, but while they have won two of their last three matches, there remain concerns over their stuttering offense.
- In the 19-14 win over the Giants last weekend, they failed to get their running game going once again but Mitchell Trubisky did show some improved form as he threw for 278 yards and connected six times with Allen Robinson for 131 yards so Bears head coach Matt Nagy will be hoping for more of that kind of form here.
- Detroit are coming off a miserable 16-19 loss to the Washington Redskins last weekend as they have now lost their last four games in a row, with their season seriously petering out with a whimper right now.
- The absence of quarterback Matthew Stafford continues to harm them and replacement Jeff Driskel is struggling to match the veteran with the loss at the Redskins particularly poor as he threw three interceptions and was sacked six times.
- Stafford seems highly unlikely to be able to play once again this week so Driskel will continue under center, while cornerback and returner Jamal Agnew continues to struggle with an ankle problem and could also miss out once again.
Both the Bears and Lions are finding the going tough this season but it is Chicago who have some momentum even if their hopes of a play-off run are incredibly slim. Much will depend on which defense can impose their game and pressure the opposition quarterback, but even though the much-maligned Mitchell Trubisky has struggled throughout this season, he has shown that he can lead the side in the last couple of weeks. With no Stafford for the Lions, they do not look capable of scoring the points especially against this Bears D, to avoid a fifth consecutive defeat.