When is Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons taking place? Sunday 8th December, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons taking place? Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
What is the expected weather for Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons? 11c in cloudy skies
What television channel is Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Atlanta Falcons 29-3 Carolina Panthers
THE TEAM NEWS
- Any slim hopes Carolina had of making the play-offs were surely ended as they suffered a fourth straight loss against Washington last week and that proved to be the end of the road for head coach Ron Rivera as he was relieved of his duties following nine years in charge.
- The Panthers will not rush their decision on who will replace Rivera with the end of the season fast approaching and they have handed the role to secondary coach Perry Fewell in the interim.
- As far as on-the-field matters go, veteran tight end Greg Olsen is a doubt for this week’s contest after he suffered a concussion from a helmet-to-helmet collision, while tackle Greg Little and defensive tackle Gerald McCoy are also questionable.
- Atlanta restricted New Orleans to just two touchdowns but Will Lutz kicked four field goals to condemn the Falcons to back-to-back defeats and that leaves them with a big task to avoid finishing bottom of the NFC South.
- The Falcons had to make do without star wide receiver Julio Jones last week but the signs are good that he will return from his shoulder complaint for this Week 14 matchup having logged a limited practice at the start of the week.
- Fellow wideout Calvin Ridley was also limited because of an issue with his toe while star tight end Austin Hooper’s availability is still up in the air following his knee injury but he will hope to return to the field this week.
Both of these teams have endured an underwhelming season and are in disappointing positions in the NFC South. Falcons head coach Dan Quinn has been in the hot seat for most of the season but it is the Panthers who have decided to pull the trigger with Ron Rivera removed earlier in the week. Carolina still have a chance to make the play-offs, though realistically it will not happen and their fate is likely to be confirmed with the Falcons set to make it five losses in a row for the Panthers.