When is Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings taking place? Sunday 8th September, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings taking place? U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis
What is the expected weather for Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings? 16c with showers likely throughout the game
What television channel is Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Vikings 14-9 Atlanta Falcons
THE TEAM NEWS
- Atlanta almost managed to salvage a poor season as they won their last three games to finish 7-9 but they ultimately fell short in their quest to make the play-offs with a much more consistent season required this time around.
- The Falcons wanted to significantly improve their offensive line during the off-season and used two first-round picks on offensive linemen as they try and offer QB Matt Ryan further protection in the pocket.
- T Matt Gono is the only name listed on first injury report of the season for the Falcons as he was a limited participant with a back issue but it is not expected to keep him out of the game with Minnesota.
- Minnesota ended the season 8-7-1 as they narrowly missed out on the play-offs and now face a more competitive NFC North this year with Chicago set to be strong once again whilst Green Bay will be confident of a better year than last time out.
- QB Kirk Cousins came under scrutiny last year but the Vikings moved to find him some help in the draft with a predominant focus on the offensive line and if he fails again this year, his starting spot could come into question.
- The Vikings have a long injury list to contend with in Week 1 with the most concerning name to appear on the list being WR Stefon Diggs who failed to participate at all on Wednesday due to a hamstring injury which places his availability for this game under a cloud.
Minnesota and Atlanta will both be looking to for an improvement this year having missed out on last season's play-offs. Both made moves in the off-season to offer more protection for their QB and this game will give an insight into who recruited the better with the Vikings edging this one. Minnesota only lost three of their games on home turf last year and their superior defense should be enough to ensure they start this campaign with a win.