2019 NFL: AFC Championship Game – Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs Preview & Pick
When is Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs taking place? Sunday 19th January, 2020 – 20:05 (UK)
Where is Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs taking place? Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City
What is the expected weather for Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs? -1c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs on? Sky Sports will be showing live NFL games during the season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Kansas City Chiefs 32-35 Tennessee Titans
THE TEAM NEWS
- Tennessee backed up their superb win over New England by shocking Baltimore in their AFC divisional matchup and, after ending the #1 seed’s season, the Titans will hold no fear as they travel to Kansas City attempting to cause another upset.
- The Titans threw for under 100 yards for the second straight game but that did not stop as their running game ran all over the Ravens with Derrick Henry amassing 195 yards from 30 carries.
- Linebacker Jayon Brown missed out for the Titans last week with a shoulder injury and will remain a doubt for this contest but will hope to play after logging two limited practices through Thursday but the addition of tackle Jack Conklin to Thursday's injury report is a worrying sign.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Kansas City produced a historic comeback as they hit back from a 24-0 first-quarter deficit to become the first team in post-season history with seven consecutive touchdown drives to rack up a big win over Houston.
- The Chiefs looked to be in a bad spot after a string of errors in the first quarter but hit back quickly with three touchdowns in just over three minutes to bring themselves right back into the game before earning the lead at the break.
- Travis Kelce played through a hamstring injury to score a hat-trick of touchdowns and although the tight end is also nursing a knee injury, he will suit up but the outcome does not look as positive for star defensive tackle Chris Jones whose calf injury has left him doubtful for this AFC Championship matchup after sitting out last week.
Tennessee have shown their Super Bowl credentials with two brilliant performances but will have to back it up on the road again as they head to Kansas City. The Titans’ defense has stood firm in their play-off games so far but this will be another huge test against the Chiefs offense. They racked up 51 points last week and showed their ability to come back from a 24-point deficit. The Titans will look to run the ball heavily again and although they will have some joy, this is likely to be one game too far with the Chiefs' offense set to prove too good.