When is Richmond vs Sydney Swans taking place? Sunday 12th July, 2020 – 06:35 (UK)
Where is Richmond vs Sydney Swans taking place? Gabba, Brisbane
What television channel is Richmond vs Sydney Swans on? In the UK, five matches each week will be televised on BT Sport and you can see their schedule here. For the TV channel in Australia, visit this link
Where can I stream Richmond vs Sydney Swans? If the match is televised in the UK, then BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream it live via BT Sport Player. Additionally, those with a Watch AFL subscription can stream any 2020 AFL match live (outside of Australia). Those in Australia can stream any match live via AFL Live Pass
Where can I get tickets for Richmond vs Sydney Swans? Click here for ticket information on 2020 AFL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
- After failing to win any of their last three matches, Richmond produced a solid display to see off Melbourne last week and the reigning premiers will hope to build on that effort.
- The Tigers won the first three quarters to build a 29-point lead heading into the final quarter and that proved enough to fend off the Demons who failed to get anywhere near closing that down.
- It will be a very different line-up to last week with Bachar Houli and Shane Edwards managed while Dion Prestia, Toby Nankervis and Trent Cotchin are all injured so Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Ivan Soldo, Jack Graham, Marlion Pikcett and Shai Bolton take their place.
- Sydney Swans will have to quickly find some consistency or face another season of disappointment after they lost for the second game in a row against West Coast Eagles last weekend.
- The Swans started well and held a narrow lead at the end of the first quarter but that is where the joy ended for the Sydney outfit as they were second best in the remaining three quarters.
- The 77-43 reverse could have been larger and they have now been hit by a couple of injuries with Ben Ronke and Lewis Melican ruled out while Justin McInerney is dropped and that sees Chad Warner, Dylan Stephens and Ryley Stoddart come into the side.
Richmond did what was required to end their three-match winless streak but they must improve further if they are to have any chance of retaining their title. They have been forced into making big changes this week and it remains to be seen how they will cope in this clash with Sydney Swans. The Swans are 2-3 ahead of this contest and despite the Tigers having some big injury problems, it is the reigning premiers that should be able to come out on top here to make it three wins in a row against the Sydney outfit.