When is Port Adelaide vs Richmond taking place? Saturday 8th August, 2020 – 07:35 (UK)
Where is Port Adelaide vs Richmond taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
What television channel is Port Adelaide vs Richmond on? In the UK, five matches each week will be televised on BT Sport and you can see their schedule here. For the TV channel in Australia, visit this link
Where can I stream Port Adelaide vs Richmond? If the match is televised in the UK, then BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream it live via BT Sport Player. Additionally, those with a Watch AFL subscription can stream any 2020 AFL match live (outside of Australia). Those in Australia can stream any match live via AFL Live Pass
Where can I get tickets for Port Adelaide vs Richmond? Click here for ticket information on 2020 AFL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
- Port Adelaide made it back-to-back wins as they overcame a solid Western Bulldogs outfit last week but their Premiership credentials will face a real examination as they face defending premiers Richmond.
- Power were narrowly behind at the half but a superb start to the second half which saw them win the third quarter 27-1 set them up well ahead of the final quarter and they held on to claim a 55-42 success.
- In a further boost for the Power, they are able to recall Scott Lycett for the first time since he was sidelined with a knee injury since round 6 and he will be joined by Jarrod Lienert at the expense of the banned Sam Mayes and dropped Justin Westhoff.
- Richmond made it back-to-back victories and did so in impressive fashion as they won by a 41-point margin for the second game in succession with them managing to overcome a slow start to see off Brisbane Lions.
- The Tigers trailed by 13 points in the early stages of the contest but responded well to lead at the end of the first quarter and they never looked back from that point on as they ran away with the game, sealing an 82-41 win.
- The Tigers must do without captain Trent Cotchin for this clash as they attempt to manage his workload, owing to the short turnaround as well as the bigger gap between games at the conclusion of this game.
Port Adelaide top the AFL ladder ahead of this intriguing clash with Richmond and another win here for the Power would really demonstrate that they are a team to be reckoned with in the hunt for the title. Both teams come into this having won their last two and with their respective records for the season standing at 8-2 and 6-3-1, there is not a great deal to split the two. This game could go either way but the loss of skipper Trent Cotchin for this game may be too much for the reigning premiers to overcome and the hosts can edge this one as a result.