When is Melbourne vs Port Adelaide taking place? Thursday 30th July, 2020 – 10:50 (UK)
Where is Melbourne vs Port Adelaide taking place? Gabba, Brisbane
What television channel is Melbourne vs Port Adelaide on? In the UK, five matches each week will be televised on BT Sport and you can see their schedule here. For the TV channel in Australia, visit this link
Where can I stream Melbourne vs Port Adelaide? If the match is televised in the UK, then BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream it live via BT Sport Player. Additionally, those with a Watch AFL subscription can stream any 2020 AFL match live (outside of Australia). Those in Australia can stream any match live via AFL Live Pass
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne vs Port Adelaide? Click here for ticket information on 2020 AFL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
- Melbourne were unable to make it three wins in a row in the AFL as they were narrowly defeated by Brisbane Lions in a closely-fought encounter at the weekend with that result seeing them fall to 3-4.
- The Demons matched the Lions in the opening quarter but in the middle segment on the game, they allowed the Brisbane outfit to build an 18-point lead by the end of the third quarter.
- Despite putting in a solid fightback in the final quarter, the Demons fell short by just four points but they will be buoyed by that effort and will hope the addition of Tom McDonald and Tom Sparrow can aid their quest to return to winning ways here.
- Port Adelaide were defeated for just the second time this season as they produced their worst display of the campaign which saw them beaten by St. Kilda in Saturday’s contest.
- The 44-73 reverse did not cost the Power their place at the top of the ladder but the chasing pack are now within touching distance after they were reduced to their fewest number of points in their last 15 matches.
- The Power now come into this contest without the injured Todd Marshall while Riley Bonner has been omitted from last week’s line-up with Jarrod Lienert and Tom Rockliff coming into the side.
Port Adelaide will be eager to bounce back after they were beaten by St. Kilda at the weekend as they lost for just the second time in 2020. They were poor against the Saints as they struggled to get a foothold in the game and they will need to make big improvements in attack in this contest. They face a Melbourne side that have been inconsistent so far this season and despite putting up a decent fight against Brisbane Lions, it is the Power that can produce the better response here to claim the victory and make it three wins in a row against the Demons.