When is GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions taking place? Saturday 18th July, 2020 – 04:45 (UK)
Where is GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions taking place? Giants Stadium, Sydney
What television channel is GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions on? In the UK, five matches each week will be televised on BT Sport and you can see their schedule here. For the TV channel in Australia, visit this link
Where can I stream GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions? If the match is televised in the UK, then BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream it live via BT Sport Player. Additionally, those with a Watch AFL subscription can stream any 2020 AFL match live (outside of Australia). Those in Australia can stream any match live via AFL Live Pass
Where can I get tickets for GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions? Click here for ticket information on 2020 AFL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
- GWS Giants made it back-to-back wins in the AFL as they produced a solid display to see off Hawthorn last week and another success here against Brisbane Lions will highlight their Premiership credentials.
- The Giants edged Collingwood in their previous match and they backed that up with another eye-catching victory as a strong showing in the first and fourth quarters saw them come out 83-49 winners.
- There are some big changes for the Giants on the back of last week’s win with Callan Ward and Toby Greene ruled out injured while Daniel Lloyd is managed and Tom Green dropped so Bobby Hill, Jye Caldwell, Tim Taranto and Zac Langdon come into the side.
- Brisbane Lions were unable to make it five straight wins as they slipped to defeat against Geelong Cats last week but they will be hopeful of making an immediate return to winning ways as they face a tough challenge against GWS Giants.
- The Lions held a 10-point advantage at the half but a terrible start to the second half saw them suffer a 45-1 reverse in the third quarter and it proved too much to overcome as they lost out 73-46.
- Despite last week’s defeat, the Lions showed enough in the first half to stick with the same side for this clash and they will hope to show a big response to their poor performance in the third quarter.
GWS Giants have won two games in a row and both were solid successes against tricky opponents. They face another tough task against Brisbane Lions in this one with the away side losing their first game in five last week. They will be eager to respond here but the Giants are difficult to beat on home soil and coming into this in good form, they should be able to come out on top to make it three wins in a row while also making it eight wins from nine matches against the Lions.