When is Geelong Cats vs Gold Coast Suns taking place? Saturday 4th July, 2020 – 07:35 (UK)
Where is Geelong Cats vs Gold Coast Suns taking place? GMHBA Stadium, South Geelong
What television channel is Geelong Cats vs Gold Coast Suns on? In the UK, five matches each week will be televised on BT Sport and you can see their schedule here. For the TV channel in Australia, visit this link
Where can I stream Geelong Cats vs Gold Coast Suns? If the match is televised in the UK, then BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream it live via BT Sport Player. Additionally, those with a Watch AFL subscription can stream any 2020 AFL match live (outside of Australia). Those in Australia can stream any match live via AFL Live Pass
Where can I get tickets for Geelong Cats vs Gold Coast Suns? Click here for ticket information on 2020 AFL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
- Geelong Cats returned to winning ways with a narrow win over Melbourne last week but they will need to improve on that effort as they come up against a resurgent Gold Coast Suns outfit.
- The Cats were involved in a real tussle with the Demons and despite trailing by a point at the half, a strong third quarter saw Geelong do enough to take a solid lead which they held on to until the end.
- Although they earned the win last week, the Cats have suffered a couple of injury blows with Tom Atkins and Tom Stewart ruled out of this clash and their places are taken by Harry Taylor and Quinton Narkle.
GOLD COAST SUNS
- Gold Coast Suns continued their brilliant start to the campaign as they made it three wins in a row with an impressive win against Fremantle last week with their effort in the final quarter seeing them earn the victory.
- The scores were tied at the end of the third quarter but the Suns dominated 14-1 in the fourth quarter as they restricted the Dockers with the ball to seal another eye-catching four competition points.
- The Suns are surpassing early-season expectations after last year’s horror show and they will believe they can make it four wins in a row having named an unchanged side from last week’s victory.
Gold Coast Suns are one of the surprise packages at the start of this campaign and they will be going in search of their fourth win in a row as they travel to Geelong to take on the Cats. The hosts have been inconsistent at the start of this season with a 2-2 record and will need to improve on their showing in last week’s narrow win over Melbourne but they could find it tough going against the Suns who should be able to benefit from a +22.5 start.