When is Geelong Cats vs Carlton taking place? Saturday 20th June, 2020 – 10:40 (UK)
Where is Geelong Cats vs Carlton taking place? GMHBA Stadium, South Geelong
What television channel is Geelong Cats vs Carlton on? In the UK, five matches each week will be televised on BT Sport and you can see their schedule here. For the TV channel in Australia, visit this link
Where can I stream Geelong Cats vs Carlton? If the match is televised in the UK, then BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream it live via BT Sport Player. Additionally, those with a Watch AFL subscription can stream any 2020 AFL match live (outside of Australia). Those in Australia can stream any match live via AFL Live Pass
Where can I get tickets for Geelong Cats vs Carlton? Click here for ticket information on 2020 AFL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
- Geelong Cats responded to their disappointing loss against GWS Giants to start the campaign as they picked up their first victory of 2020 with an eye-catching success against Hawthorn.
- The Cats took a slender lead into the break against the Hawks but ran rampant in the second half as they outscored their opponents 62-7 to run out 108-47 winners and they will be eager to build on that in this game.
- Only one change is necessary for the Cats with Brandan Parfitt ruled out through injury and that will allow Jack Steven to finally make his debut following his move from St. Kilda.
- Carlton suffered defeat by the narrowest of margins as their second half comeback against Melbourne fell short with the Blues’ first quarter effort ultimately proving to be their undoing.
- The Demons led 0-32 at the end of that opening quarter to leave the Blues with plenty of work to do but despite leading 23-0 in the final quarter to level the scores, Melbourne stole the win just before the siren.
- The Blues will need to quickly put that disappointment behind them ahead of a difficult trip to Geelong and they will be without the injured Nic Newman while Darcy Lang is dropped with Jack Silvagni and Tom Williamson coming into the side.
Geelong Cats made a statement with their impressive win over Hawthorn last week and will be confident of backing that success up with another home game. They host 0-2 Carlton who will be hurting from their loss by just a single point to Melbourne last week and it will be a real test of the visitors’ character. The Cats were 9-2 on home soil during the regular season in 2019 and with last week’s big win behind them, the hosts should be able to win by at least 26 points in this one.