When is Geelong Cats vs Brisbane Lions taking place? Thursday 9th July, 2020 – 10:40 (UK)
Where is Geelong Cats vs Brisbane Lions taking place? SCG, Sydney
What television channel is Geelong Cats vs Brisbane Lions on? In the UK, five matches each week will be televised on BT Sport and you can see their schedule here. For the TV channel in Australia, visit this link
Where can I stream Geelong Cats vs Brisbane Lions? If the match is televised in the UK, then BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream it live via BT Sport Player. Additionally, those with a Watch AFL subscription can stream any 2020 AFL match live (outside of Australia). Those in Australia can stream any match live via AFL Live Pass
Where can I get tickets for Geelong Cats vs Brisbane Lions? Click here for ticket information on 2020 AFL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
- Geelong Cats made it back-to-back wins in the AFL as they produced a brilliant fourth quarter to seal the victory against Gold Coast Suns and they will be confident of making it three wins in a row despite surrendering home advantage here.
- The Cats have been forced to move out of Victoria because of the outbreak of COVID-19 in the State but they will be confident nonetheless after doing enough to see off the in-form Suns to move to 3-2 for the season.
- There is just the one change to last week’s winning side with Jack Steven managed in a bid to allow him to rest up so Sam Simpson is handed a call-up in the Cats’ bid to make it three successive wins.
- Brisbane Lions produced a brilliant performance to hand Port Adelaide their first defeat of the season and extend their own winning streak to four matches thanks to a comfortable 85-48 win last week.
- The Lions were superb in the first half and stunned the Power as they went into the break with a 54-19 lead which proved to be insurmountable but the Brisbane outfit face a tricky test to extend their winning run.
- They won their last contest against Geelong Cats but had lost the eight before that and they will also have to deal with an injury to Cameron Ellis-Yolmen who makes way for Dayne Zorko.
Geelong Cats come into this clash with Brisbane Lions on the back of back-to-back wins but how they deal with a home game at the SCG remains to be seen. They have had to deal with the upheaval of leaving Victoria this week, although they come up against a side that they possess a brilliant record against. The Cats have won eight of their last nine clashes with the Lions but the Brisbane side did win their most recent meeting and will hope the lack of home advantage for Geelong turns the game in their favour. However, both teams look in good shape with the ball and this could go either way with at least 130 points likely.