When is Collingwood vs Essendon taking place? Friday 3rd July, 2020 – 10:50 (UK)
Where is Collingwood vs Essendon taking place? MCG, Melbourne
What television channel is Collingwood vs Essendon on? In the UK, five matches each week will be televised on BT Sport and you can see their schedule here. For the TV channel in Australia, visit this link
Where can I stream Collingwood vs Essendon? If the match is televised in the UK, then BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream it live via BT Sport Player. Additionally, those with a Watch AFL subscription can stream any 2020 AFL match live (outside of Australia). Those in Australia can stream any match live via AFL Live Pass
Where can I get tickets for Collingwood vs Essendon? Click here for ticket information on 2020 AFL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
- Collingwood suffered a shock loss at the hands of GWS Giants last week which was their first defeat of 2020 and they will be eager to put that behind them as quickly as possible as they return to home soil to face Essendon.
- It was a tightly-fought encounter throughout but the Magpies were just edged as they failed to retain a slender advantage at the start of the final quarter with the Giants managing to fend Collingwood off by just two points.
- After their loss last week, the Magpies have been forced into two changes and have opted to make another too with Jeremy Howe injured and Steele Sidebottom banned while John Noble is dropped so Adam Treloar, Matthew Scharenberg and Travis Varcoe come into the side.
- Essendon were unable to make it three wins from three to begin the season as they went down to their first loss in tough circumstances with Carlton hanging on to see the Bombers off in an entertaining game last week.
- After having their game with Melbourne postponed, Essendon were unable to make their week off count as they trailed for most of the contest and despite getting themselves in front at the start of the fourth quarter, the Blues hit back to edge the win.
- There are three changes to the Bombers’ side from last week’s single-point defeat with Zach Merrett suspended, Aaron Francis injured and Tom Bellchambers managed and that sees Andrew Phillips, Jayden Laverde and Mitchell Hibberd called-up.
Both Collingwood and Essendon were defeated in tight contests last week and will be eager to respond to their first defeat of the 2020 season. The pair were competitive last week but fell short, although they will both be confident of responding in this clash. Collingwood only won six of their regular season home games last season but are undefeated in their two matches at the MCG so far this season and they should be able to maintain that run with a victory here.