When is Sydney vs Geelong taking place? Sunday 28th July – 06:20 (UK) / 15:20 (AEST)
Where is Sydney vs Geelong taking place? SCG, Sydney
What television channel is Sydney vs Geelong on? BT Sport 2 in UK / Channel 7/Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Sydney vs Geelong? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Sydney vs Geelong? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sydney Swans’ slight hopes of making the finals were ended last week as they suffered a third consecutive defeat by just a single point against Fremantle Dockers.
- The Swans now have too much ground to make up to get themselves into the top 8 and whilst they are not mathematically out of the equation, they will have too much to do to make the finals.
- They make just one change to last week’s line-up and it is an enforced one with Will Hayward dropping out because of an injury, but that allows Jordan Dawson to return from suspension.
- Geelong Cats suffered another disappointing loss as their lead at the top of the ladder was cut once again and the would-be minor premiers are now nervously looking over their shoulders.
- The Cats now have a L-W sequence that was extended to five matches following last week’s defeat against Hawthorn Hawks and what will worry them even more is that they were at home for that contest.
- They now travel to face the Swans and have made three changes with Rhys Stanley dropped whilst Zach Tuohy and Gary Rohan will be managed this week which sees Jack Henry return after a rest alongside Scott Selwood and Zac Smith.
Geelong Cats need to find more consistency to close his regular season out if they are to avoid losing their grip on the minor premiership they have looked so likely to claim for a large chunk of the season. They should be able to return to winning ways as they travel to face Sydney Swans this week but must improve their level of performance. They have made three changes as they look to keep their side fresh and should have enough to see off the Swans.