When is Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants taking place? Saturday 27th July – 10:40 (UK) / 19:10 (ACST)
Where is Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
What television channel is Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants on? BT Sport 1 in UK / Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Port Adelaide Power were comfortably defeated by Richmond Tigers last week and having now lost their last two matches, they currently find themselves outside of the top 8 with the pressure mounting on them.
- The Power must find some consistency in the final rounds of the regular season if they are to make the finals but having struggled to string two consecutive wins with the last time they managed that feat occurring back in April.
- Charlie Dixon and Steven Motlop have been omitted from last week’s loss with Joel Garner receiving a call-up as an interchange whilst Paddy Ryder is given the unenviable task of lining up as a full forward.
- GWS Giants ended their three-match losing streak with a superb victory over Collingwood and after sweeping them aside, the Giants will be wondering why they have struggled so much of late.
- Last week’s win was huge for the Giants as they consolidated their spot in the top 8 and have now given themselves some breathing space over the chasing pack but this game against Port Adelaide is pivotal with the Power one of those teams attempting to earn a spot in the finals.
- The Giants have made three changes from last week’s win with co-captain Phil Davis returning after he was a late withdrawal last week and is joined by Jackson Hately and Adam Kennedy but there is no place for Lachlan Keeffe or Jake Stein whilst Brett Deledio is also left out.
This looks like a huge game for both teams but for different reasons. Port Adelaide need to win to keep their play-off hopes alive with a loss potentially very damaging whilst GWS Giants will want to fend off the chasing pack as they look to secure their own spot in the finals. The Giants were very good last week as they defeated the Magpies and a repeat of that performance will see them win whilst condemning the Power to a third consecutive loss.