When is North Melbourne vs Hawthorn taking place? Friday 2nd August – 10:50 (UK) / 19:50 (AEST)
Where is North Melbourne vs Hawthorn taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
What television channel is North Melbourne vs Hawthorn on? BT Sport 1 in UK / Channel 7/Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream North Melbourne vs Hawthorn? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for North Melbourne vs Hawthorn? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- North Melbourne Kangaroos suffered a heavy defeat to West Coast Eagles which was their third in a row to end any slight hopes they had of making the finals with a top 8 spot now all but certainly beyond their reach.
- The Kangaroos are only eight points outside of the finals spots but have many teams to overcome with just four matches remaining of the regular season with this three-match losing run effectively ending their chances.
- Rhyce Shaw has been handed the job as senior coach after his spell as interim coach and has made two changes to his first squad as full-time coach with Scott Thompson back from a ruptured testicle whilst Kayne Turner joins him after he was rested last week.
- Hawthorn Hawks’ three-match winning streak was brought to an end by Brisbane Lions last week and that could have serious implications on their efforts to qualify for the finals as they now sit three places outside of the top 8.
- The Hawks will need to respond quickly to stay in contention with another loss here potentially leaving them with too much to do as the regular season approaches its final month.
- Only one change has been made to last week’s squad with Jonathon Ceglar dropping out and he is replaced by Tim O’Brien who is set to return from a calf injury that ruled him out of the loss to the Lions.
North Melbourne can still mathematically make the finals but will have to win-out from this point and will still need other results to go their way. They host another finals-chasing team in Hawthorn who stand a better chance but they too need some consistency in the final rounds of the regular season. Their three-match winning streak was ended by a strong Brisbane Lions team last time out but they can hit back here and keep their hopes of a top 8 spot well and truly alive.