When is Hawthorn vs Gold Coast taking place? Sunday 18th August – 07:40 (UK) / 16:40 (AEST)
Where is Hawthorn vs Gold Coast taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
What television channel is Hawthorn vs Gold Coast on? BT Sport 2 in UK / Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Hawthorn vs Gold Coast? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Hawthorn vs Gold Coast? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hawthorn Hawks secured a timely victory as they hammered GWS Giants to keep their slim hopes of making the finals alive after they restricted the Giants to just 29 points in the huge win.
- The Hawks now have a great chance to make it back-to-back wins as they host bottom of the ladder Gold Coast and another victory will keep them right in the mix ahead of next week’s final round of regular season matches.
- It is three changes for the Hawks this week as Mitchell Lewis drops out with injury, Daniel Howe is managed and James Cousins is omitted with Jarryd Roughead, Jack Gunston and Ben McEvoy replacing them.
- Gold Coast Suns have now gone 16 games on the spin without a victory after they were hammered by minor premiership contenders Brisbane Lions with the margin of defeat standing at 91 points.
- It was expected to be a one-sided game and that is how it played out with the Lions thoroughly outplaying the Suns and barring a minor miracle, the wooden spoon will be heading to the Gold Coast.
- The Sun have made two changes to their side from last week’s loss with Anthony Miles injured whilst Jacob Heron is omitted and that sees George Horlin-Smith and Jordan Murdoch come into the team.
Hawthorn Hawks head into their penultimate game of the season with a chance of making the finals but they cannot afford a surprise defeat here. They must win this against Gold Coast to stay in the hunt and take their battle to the final week of the regular season. The Suns arrive on the back of 16 consecutive losses and it is difficult to see that run ending here against a side that are desperate to get the win.