When is Gold Coast vs GWS Giants taking place? Saturday 24th August – 10:25 (UK) / 19:25 (AEST)
Where is Gold Coast vs GWS Giants taking place? Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast
What television channel is Gold Coast vs GWS Giants on? Not shown live in the UK / Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Gold Coast vs GWS Giants? Unavailable to stream in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Gold Coast vs GWS Giants? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gold Coast Suns have one final chance to end their disastrous losing streak before the season’s end as they host GWS Giants following another hammering last week as they conceded 118 points against Hawthorn Hawks.
- The Suns have now lost 17 consecutive matches after that defeat against the Hawks and have allowed 100 or more points in six of their last seven games and the match they did not concede three figures was against Carlton Blues who managed 99 points.
- Highly-talented youngster Izak Rankine was hoping to make his AFL debut here but the 19-year-old will have to wait until next season after it was decided against fielding him with the Suns making just one change to last week’s team with Aaron Young replacing George Horlin-Smith.
- GWS Giants will be desperate to find some form ahead of the finals as they face Gold Coast Suns on the back of two consecutive defeats after they were on the end of a big loss to Western Bulldogs last weekend.
- The Giants have been poor in both of those losses but a game against the wooden spoonists presents a great chance to find their feet ahead of what could be a home tie in the first week of the finals with a win here ensuring sixth place.
- With the finals on the horizon, the Giants have opted to rest several players with knocks which sees Dawson Simpson, Nick Haynes and Toby Greene miss out whilst Zach Sproule, Jake Stein and Jye Caldwell are dropped with Sam Taylor, Daniel Lloyd, Jeremy Cameron, Shane Mumford, Isaac Cumming and Jeremy Finlayson earning call-ups.
Gold Coast Suns will be delighted to see the back of this season but it could be a long-off season if they do not find a way to win here. They have lost 17 games in a row and if that becomes 18, they will have that hanging over them as they head into next season. They host a GWS Giants side that need to win to ensure they get a home tie in the elimination finals and despite naming a much-changed side, they should be able to come out on top to put two bad defeats behind them.