When is Fremantle vs Geelong taking place? Saturday 3rd August – 07:35 (UK) / 14:35 (AWST)
Where is Fremantle vs Geelong taking place? Optus Stadium, Perth
What television channel is Fremantle vs Geelong on? Not shown live in the UK / Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Fremantle vs Geelong? Unavailable to stream in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Fremantle vs Geelong? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fremantle Dockers’ hopes of making the finals suffered another blow as they were heavily defeated by Western Bulldogs las time out as they failed to build on their win over Sydney Swans in their previous match.
- The Dockers suffered several injuries last week and will be without Luke Ryan, Rory Lobb and Nathan Wilson whilst Brett Bewley and Hayden Ballantyne are omitted in what will be a much-changed side.
- Bailey Banfield has earned a call-up following another impressive display in the WAFL and he is joined by Ethan Hughes, Mitchell Crowden and Sam Switowski whilst Jason Carter will come in for his AFL debut.
- Geelong Cats responded to their shock defeat against Hawthorn Hawks by defeating Sydney Swans last week as they retained their four-point advantage at the top of the AFL ladder with just four rounds remaining.
- The Cats will be looking to find some consistency having won three and lost three of their last six matches and will hope to earn back-to-back wins for the first time since the start of June with a victory here.
- Harry Taylor has been rested this week as he looks to be fully fit ahead of the finals whilst James Parsons is dropped and they are replaced by Gary Rohan and Zach Tuohy who return from their rests.
Geelong maintained their position at the top of the ladder but know that the race for the minor premiership is not over yet. They must find some consistency after falling to three defeats in their last six and need to end their L-W sequence here. They will come up against a Fremantle side desperate for the win as they look to remain in the finals hunt and a loss could be devastating for them but the away side should have too much for them.