When is Essendon vs Western Bulldogs taking place? Saturday 10th August – 10:25 (UK) / 19:25 (AEST)
Where is Essendon vs Western Bulldogs taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
What television channel is Essendon vs Western Bulldogs on? Not shown live in the UK / Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Essendon vs Western Bulldogs? Unavailable to stream in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Essendon vs Western Bulldogs? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- After winning five games in a row, Essendon Bombers suffered a heavy loss at home to play-off rivals Port Adelaide Power which means the Bombers will have to wait at least another week to secure their spot in the finals.
- A win over the Power would have secured the Bombers a place in the top 8 but the loss ensures Essendon only hold an eight point lead over the Power with 12 points still up for grabs.
- To make matters worse for Essendon, they suffered a host of injuries last week with Aaron Francis, Adam Saad, Darcy Parish, Matt Guelfi and Will Snelling all ruled out here whilst Michael Hartley is dropped with Ben McNiece, Shaun McKernan, Mark Baguley, Dyson Heppell, David Myers and Josh Begley all coming in.
- Western Bulldogs remain in contention to make the finals but cannot afford defeat here as they face Essendon Bombers, one of the few teams they can realistically catch in their bid to make the top 8.
- The Bulldogs suffered a loss to the in-form Brisbane Lions last week with their slow start to the game ultimately costing them but a win here would keep them right in the mix as they sit just four points outside of the spots for the finals at the moment.
- Caleb Daniel is out with a hamstring injury for the second time this season and will be joined on the sidelines by Tom Liberatore but Taylor Duryea is back from a groin injury whilst Will Hayes also comes into the team.
This is a huge game for both teams and could have huge implications either way. Essendon should seal a spot in the finals with a win but a second consecutive loss to another team hot on their heels could really cause problems for them. A Bulldogs win would put them right in contention and with the Bombers suffering numerous injuries, the away side could edge this one.