When is Essendon vs Port Adelaide taking place? Saturday 3rd August – 04:45 (UK) / 13:45 (AEST)
Where is Essendon vs Port Adelaide taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
What television channel is Essendon vs Port Adelaide on? Not shown live in the UK / Foxtel in Australia
Where can I stream Essendon vs Port Adelaide? Unavailable to stream in the UK / This match can be streamed live via the AFL Live app in Australia
Where can I get tickets for Essendon vs Port Adelaide? https://www.afl.com.au/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Essendon Bombers kept their winning streak going to solidify their spot in a finals berth as they overcame a gutsy Gold Coast Suns and could all but seal a place in the top 8 with a win over Port Adelaide.
- The Bombers have now won five games in a row and seven of their last eight in what is a remarkable turnaround after a poor start to the season left them languishing in the lower reaches of the ladder.
- Essendon are able to recall Orazio Fantasia who has recovered from a hip injury whilst Conor McKenna is also available after missing last week’s game due to personal reasons with Jayden Laverde and Ben McNiece making way.
- Port Adelaide Power made it three defeats in a row as they went down in heart-breaking fashion against GWS Giants with the Power falling just one point short of their opponents as they were edged out 55-56.
- That result keeps Port Adelaide outside of the finals spots and realistically, they now only have one spot to compete for as their form has deserted them at such a crucial stage of the season.
- The Power have made three changes from last week’s defeat with Scott Lycett, Dougal Howard and Joel Garner all omitted and they are replaced by Charlie Dixon, Peter Ladhams and Todd Marshall.
Essendon Bombers can all but secure their play-off spot if they can overcome Port Adelaide here. They are on a remarkable run of form which has come at a brilliant stage of the season and look set to be one of the dark horses in the race for the premiership. Port Adelaide need a win themselves to stay in contention of a spot in the finals but with the Bombers in such fine form, their top 8 hopes could suffer another huge blow here.